Saturday, March 12, 2011

Luna Wolves

Bolter n Chainsword keeps asking about my Luna Wolves. I painted these up a few years ago for a contest held by Coliseum of Comics in Kissimmee. I was fortunate to come out the winner. They are based upon the cover from the Horus Heresy novel, False Gods. I only painted up the five guys.. I posted them originally on Bolter n Chainsword and received several requests on how they were painted. The basic, quick 'n dirty way is this: based in white, given a very thin wash of matte medium/codex grey/water, highlighted with a thinned white, then black or red where needed. The hardest part was getting the decals. These are from the Bell of Lost Souls site, and worked out quite nicely. I will provide links to all three above listed sites at the bottom of this post.
The 5-man squad
Luna Wolf Sgt
Wolf with a Space Wolf head
The shoulders done with plastic tubing
You can see the Chaos breastplate
Final Guy

Bolter and Chainsword
Coliseum of Comics
Bell of Lost Souls, Decals
Black Library - Horus Heresy: False Gods

2 comments:

  1. I recall seeing them in the case. Those was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I now have the Minotaurs in there. I need to get pictures of them. They came out really good and are much better than the pics GW has on their site.

    ReplyDelete