Thursday, October 15, 2015

Been a While

It has been a while done my last post. My craft room is again under construction due to re-plastering and other annoying repairs needed on the house. We are hoping that it be completed before Halloween. It's been ongoing since February 16th....frustrating is the key word here. There were times that we thought it was completed, I got some stuff done during July/August. Then it was discovered that some of the framing was rotted and needed to be replaced. First world problems here!


So since then I've been grabbing things I no longer need or want and throwing them on eBay. For example there is this walled farm house I am quite proud of. Excepting the streak on the farm house roof. A bit of wash got loose. It's not that noticeable until seen in the photos, honest. No, Timmy the Scythes Scout is not in the sale.

As far as painting this piece, it was more of an experiment with airbrushing. The entire piece was airbrushed with base colors throughout. The real trial and error parts came when adding the white to the barn and farm house. I was forced to be more careful with the spraying. Having to carefully limit the spraying to the narrow spaces. I was able to prevent much of the overspray by coming in at an angle.

After the base colors were put down. Just like a regular model, the detail work, dry brushing and washing  were then added. I also placed some grass in corners and flowery plants in the little garden in the corner. For what it was before, I was pleased with how it came out. Overall, it's a really nice piece if not just a tad bit small for 30mm figures. It's more on the scale of 25mm


For the most part I am selling off old unused Skaven figures. My seller link is here. I will be selling off some Warhammer Wood Elves soon along with some old Grendel scenery too.


No comments:

Post a Comment